Seven Gill Cage diving
The Dive: Cage comfortably takes 5 divers at a time, but can take max 6 if required. We mostly work on a breath-hold system in the cage as visibility is often limited and contact time with the animals underwater only lasts a few seconds at a time. The crew on the boat can see the sharks how they move and this way they can direct you to be looking in the right direction at the right time for the best views. A hookah scuba system is available for qualified divers and is great when visibility is more than 6m and the divers can follow the sharks as they move around the boat/cage! *Hookah scuba only available on request, please specify when making a booking.
Boat: A maximum of 18 guests on board
Dive depth: Surface cage
Water temperature: 14 – 18 º C
Water visibility: 3 – 20 meters
Other species on this expedition: Cape Fur Seal, Common Dolphin, Bottlenose Dolphin, Brydes Whale, Southern Right Whale, African Penguin and various other sea birds.
- Guided snorkel/Scuba cage dive including gear
- Snacks & cool drinks on boat
- Dive briefing and shark information
Mid Season (15 Sep – 15 May) AM trip: R2500 per person
*Rates are subject to change.
*Minimum of 5 divers required to run trip.
- Meet between 8h15 and 8h45.
- Board boat and receive boat safety briefing and general information.
- Leave pier between 9h00 and 9h30.
- Arrive at island between 9h25 and 9h55.
- Brief clients on shark hunting behaviour and what they can expect.
- Anchor boat and start chumming to get sharks to boat.
- Drop cage and brief clients on the cage dive and shark behaviour around the boat.
- Cage dive and view sharks from 10h00 to 12h00.
- Return to Simons Town harbor.
- Warm Jacket
- Sun block
- Polarised Sunglasses
- Water Bottle (re-usable containers preferred)
*Please note that above information is a guideline and can vary depending on shark behaviour or environmental conditions.