On your dive in the magical kelp forests you can see up to 6 species of shark, many of which can only be seen in South Africa. These are spotted gully sharks, puffadder shysharks, dark shysharks, pajama catsharks, leopard catsharks and sevengill cow sharks. We also commonly see the egg cases of some of these sharks on our dives, sometimes even with the squirming shark pup inside.
Then for a second dive we will introduce you to the best dive buddies you will ever have, the Cape Fur Seal. Dive with up to 40 of these energetic characters at a time. The fur seals are masters of the underwater world and they will amaze you with their acrobatics. Question is who will be playing with who on this dive?
Location: Simonstown, Cape Town. South Africa.
Season: All year round.
The Dive: Scuba advised, but snorkel possible.
Dive depth: 6 – 12m
Water Temp: 10 – 20 º C
Water visibility: 3 – 20 meters
Dive time: between 30 – 60 minutes
- Two guided SCUBA dives (weights and tanks).
- Snacks & cool drinks on boat.
- Dive briefing and shark presentation.
Scuba Diving Rate: R1900 per person (excluding dive kit). Kit rental additional R495 for a full set.
Snorkelling Rate: R1300 per person (including snorkelling kit)
*Rates are subject to change.
*Minimum of 4 divers required to run the trip.
- Two meeting time depending on conditions and other programs. Either 9am (or 1pm).
- Board boat and check gear. Receive safety briefing and information.
- Leave pier at 9h15 (or 13h15) (depending on meet time)
- Arrive at 1st dive site at 9h45 (or 13h45). Receive dive briefing.
- 1st dive at 10am (or 2pm). (dive between 40 – 60min)
- Relocate to 2nd dive site (less than 10min). Have something to eat and drink.
- Arrive at 2nd dive site around 11h30 (or 15h30).
- Receive dive briefing.
- 2nd dive at 11h45 (or 15h45). (dive between 40 – 60min)
- Return to Simonstown pier at 13h00 (or 17h00).
- Warm Jacket
- Sun block
- Dive ticket