The Sardine Run action normally starts around Port Elizabeth and East London before reaching the Wild Coast. Port st Johns is located on the hot spot of this migration route. Common Dolphins, Bottle nose Dolphins, Cape Gannots, Brudus whales, Humpback whales, Dusky sharks, Copper sharks, Bull sharks, Black tip sharks, Ragged tooth sharks, Cape fur seals, even Sail fish can be seen in this area at this time.
Our main goal is to find baitballs, but it does not go off everyday. On slow baitball days, we still encounter dolphins, Humpback whales and sharks. This makes it the ultimate Ocean Safari. The Sardine Run is unpredictable, weather is unpredictable – but the payoff is very rewarding.
2020 info brochure download
2021 info brochure download
LOCATION: PORT ST JOHNS, SOUTH AFRICA.
Expedition dates for 2019:
- 1st Expedition – 20 June – 30 June 2019
- 2nd Expedition – 30 June – 10 July 2019
- 3rd Expedition – 10 July – 20 July 2019
- 4th Expedition – 20 July – 30 July 2019
*Please note that above information is a guideline and can vary depending on shark behaviour or environmental conditions.
Expedition dates for 2020:
- 1st Expedition – 19 – 29 June (9 days/10 nights)
- 2nd Expedition – 29 June – 9 July (9 days/10 nights)
- 3rd Expedition – 9 – 19 July (9 days/10 nights)
- 4th Expedition – 19 – 29 July (9 days/10 nights)
R59 000 p/p sharing (plus an additional R3 630 for a single supplement)
R413 215 for private charter. Min 5 divers and Max 8+1 guide.
R364 815 for a VIP charter. Max 4 divers OR
R91 203 p/p for VIP charter 4 divers
*Rates are subject to change